Check of idling of the lever of the hand brake
Cable of the hand brake on the case of a back brake support
Brake of the hand brake in the quattro model
Brake of back wheels in the front-wheel Audi model
- Operation of the hand brake should begin with the third clamp of the lever.
- At entry into a groove of the fourth tooth back wheels should be blocked.
- There is a way of the lever longer, it indicates the erased back brake slips or the stretched brake cables as the hand brake strongly stretched at each parking.
- Usually adjustment of the hand brake is necessary only at cable replacement.
Replacement of a cable of the hand brake
- Lift and fix a back part of the car.
- Weaken the hand brake.
- Dismantle the heat-shielding screen of system of an exhaust in the field of directing a cable of the hand brake.
- For this purpose there can be necessary a dismantle of a part of system of an exhaust.
- Weaken a cable of the hand brake on the adjusting device, for this purpose take out fixing collar of an adjusting element and against the stop screw up an adjusting nut.
- On the end of a cover of a cable on a brake support wring out a spring bracket and remove a nipple of a brake cable from a control lever.
- Only in quattro!: take out a cable of the hand brake from a back axis directing at height. Compress for this purpose a sleeve of the directing.
- Now take out a cable from various arms on a back axis and on the bottom of the car and remove it.
- At height of the lever of the hand brake under the bottom of the car wring out a cover of a cable of the hand brake from the console (use a screw-driver).
- Dismantle a back part of the average console in salon (head Salon).
- Take out from a yoke cables on the lever of the hand brake.
- Remove brake cables down.
- Installation of new brake cables: on a yoke of the hand brake remove the inserted plastic details if they are (any more do not put them).
- Screw-driver fix a yoke on the average situation.
- Establish cables of the hand brake from below and hang them on a yoke.
- Insert a cover of a cable of the hand brake into the console on the car bottom (under the lever of the hand brake) and enter into a groove.
- Stretch a cable of the hand brake on the bottom of the car and put on a control lever brakes of back wheels.
- Adjust the hand brake.
Adjustment of the hand brake
At the left: so the screw-driver fixes on the average situation a yoke of the hand brake.
On the right: a type of the lever of the hand brake with the dismantled average console (a back part):
2–nipples of cables of the hand brake (3).
Thanks to the automatic mechanism of adjustment of disk brakes the hand brake needs to be regulated only after replacement of a cable or a brake support.
- At least once vigorously press a brake pedal.
- Open the hand brake (the lever of the hand brake below).
- Dismantle an ashtray at back seats in order that there was available a reverse side of the lever of the hand brake (with a yoke).
- Screw-driver fix on the average situation a yoke on the lever of the hand brake.
- Lift a back part of the car from two parties and fix.
- Weaken a cable of the hand brake in the adjusting mechanism, take out for this purpose fixing collar of the adjusting mechanism and screw up against the stop an adjusting nut.
- Shift the device of rough adjustment in the adjusting mechanism.
- Now screw up an adjusting nut of the adjusting mechanism until there is visible a groove of a fixing collar.
- Again insert fixing collar.
- Evenly stretch in different directions the device of rough adjustment on both covers of brake cables so that brake cables were tense, but the control lever did not rise yet from an emphasis on a brake support.
- Take out a screw-driver from a yoke on the lever of the hand brake.
- Three times highly pull the lever of the hand brake.
- Once again check a preliminary tension of cables of the hand brake: at the weakened hand brake control levers on brake supports should rise from an emphasis at most on 1,5 mm.
- If not such, it it is necessary to correct a preliminary tension by means of exact installation of the adjusting mechanism.