+ Running gear
+ Regular servicing
+ exhaust System
+ cooling System
+ Fuel tank and fuel pump
+ Air filter and absorption channels
+ injection System
+ Transmission and main transfer
+ Suspension bracket of wheels and steering
Independent work on brake system
So the brake system works
Check of brakes
Check of level of brake liquid
Check of brake system on tightness and existence of damages
Replacement of brake liquid
Measurement of thickness of overlays of forward disk brakes
Check of a condition of brake disks
Replacement of overlays of disk brakes
Back disk brakes
Measurement of overlays of back disk brakes
Check of idling of the lever of the hand brake
Main brake cylinder
Check of the brake amplifier
Works on hydraulics of brake system
Pumping of brake system
The help at malfunctions
ABS and EDS
What does ABS?
Function of separate knots
Electronic system of distribution of brake effort (EBV)
Violations in ABS system work
Electronic blocking of differential (EDS)
+ Wheels and tires
+ Electrotechnical equipment
+ ignition System
+ Alarm equipment
+ Tools and devices
+ Heating and ventilation
+ body Details
Search of malfunctions
Check of the brake amplifier
Area round the brake amplifier with the engine of 1,6 l: 1–a tank with brake liquid; 2–brake amplifier; 3–a vacuum tube from an inlet collector; 4–an ezhektor for strengthening of the lowered pressure
The same look, as in the photo above, but with the six-cylinder engine: 1–a tank with brake liquid; 2–brake amplifier; 3–a vacuum tube from an inlet collector; 4–the returnable valve in a vacuum tube
- The engine should be switched off.
- Press a pedal of a brake of 10 times.
- Hold a pedal wrung out and start the engine.
- If the brake amplifier is serviceable, the pedal should move a little. If the pedal does not fall, the brake amplifier is faulty.
- At failure of the brake amplifier defect, most likely, is covered in system of the lowered pressure: the vacuum hose from an inlet collector to the brake amplifier is not tight, the returnable valve in a vacuum hose, defect in a rubber ring between the main brake cylinder and the servo-driver or a membrane of the brake amplifier is not tight.
- For check of the returnable valve remove a vacuum hose from the servo-driver.
- It is blown, the otsasyvaniye is inadmissible.
- The returnable valve is on sale only together with a vacuum hose.
- To replace the damaged rubber ring between the main brake cylinder and the amplifier, it is necessary to dismantle the cylinder.
- In summary there is still a defect of the most brake cylinder. In this case repair is impossible – it is necessary to replace it.
Dismantle of the brake amplifier
For weakening of a rod of brake pressure upon pedals of a brake of Audi uses the special tool 3289. Unfortunately, without this tool it is impossible to manage. Sequence of actions:
- Dismantle the main brake cylinder.
- Dismantle a vacuum hose.
- Unscrew two fixing bolts of the brake amplifier (TORX T45).
- Dismantle a pocket at the left under a control panel (head Salon).
- Disconnect on a brake pedal the switch of fires of stoplights and valves of ventilation of system of adjustment of speed.
- Establish on the lever of a pedal of a brake the special tool 3289. Now it is possible to disconnect press a rod of the brake amplifier from a pedal (pull a pedal back).
- Take out the brake amplifier from an impellent compartment.
- If the new brake amplifier is established, the length of a rod of its management needs to be adjusted in the dismantled condition.
- The distance between the end of a rod of management (it should stand vertically) and an adjacent surface with two cut openings should make 158,5 mm (the admission of 0,5 mm).
- After adjustment tighten a lock-nut.
- Before installation slightly grease a sharnirny finger.
- Use a new clamp for a sharnirny finger and new самоконтрящиеся nuts. Put a new sealing ring between the brake amplifier and the main brake cylinder.