+ Running gear
+ Regular servicing
+ exhaust System
+ cooling System
+ Fuel tank and fuel pump
+ Air filter and absorption channels
+ injection System
+ Transmission and main transfer
+ Suspension bracket of wheels and steering
+ Wheels and tires
+ Electrotechnical equipment
+ ignition System
+ Alarm equipment
+ Tools and devices
+ Heating and ventilation
- Body details
Damages to result of failures
Face-to-face part of the car
Dismantling of doors
Mirror of the external review
Check of a corrosion-resistant coating of the bottom
Pro-cleaning of openings for a water drain
Search of malfunctions
Doors are screwed on hinges as a whole by three bolts of TORX (arrow).
Adjusting control sizes of «support of assembly knots of a door» (1). The external sealant (3) should adjoin on all length to a forward door pillar and to a decorative level (2) roofs. The distance between a decorative level of a roof and bottom edge of a sealant (3) should make and = 18,3 mm. Glass of a door (4) should plunge into a sealant on in = 5 mm.
At the expense of weakening of bolts of TORX (1 and 2) it is possible to shift a lock plate for lateral adjustment behind on a door.
In Audi doors, two-piece are traditionally put. The internal part of a door – «a support of assembly knots of a door» – is attached to an external part of a door – «a door basis» – four bolts. At the expense of it at a small damage it is possible to replace an external part, without dawdling with demontazhy mechanisms of window regulators and a deblokirovka.
Care of a sealant of doors
External a sealant which are in one plane with doors, in Audi A4 need special leaving since cracks in them cause not only thinnesses, but also the raised shumoobrazovaniye during movement. The best conditioning agent behind sealants is cervine fat. It has a pleasant side effect: in the winter it does not assume a sealant primerzaniye to a body that relieves of burdensome warming it the hair dryer.
- To disconnect shtekerny sockets of loudspeakers at doors, the electric drive of adjustment of a mirror or window regulators, it is necessary to remove its facing how it is described in this chapter. The same treats wires and hoses of the central lock.
- Take out from clips сильфон between a door and a door pillar and extend from a door the disconnected wires.
- Unscrew in the top loop one bolt of TORX, in the bottom loop – two such bolts, remove a door. Loops remain on a body.
- After installation adjust a door (the following section).
Council: The door can be dismantled together with all loops. In this case it is necessary to dismantle facing of a forward door pillar and to disconnect the shtekerny socket located under it. Only this way it is possible to reach the bolt of the bottom loop screwed up from within.
Correct adjustment of doors
- At adjustment of doors of Audi A4 should stand horizontally on the earth all four wheels. In the lifted car the body can be bent a little therefore the adjustment of doors will not be correct.
- Adjustment is carried out by the following criteria:
- The sizes of cracks at first and back line of a door should be the following: a wing at a forward door of 4 mm, a forward door at a back door of 5 mm, a back door to a lateral detail of 3,5 mm. Establish doors correctly.
- The contour of a body should be sustained: longitudinal пеленг consists in that metal edges of doors were not allocated on a body contour with a step or that the door was not established too highly or too deeply.
- It is necessary to avoid wind noise. It can achieve by the correct adjustment of a door: for this purpose, first of all, it is necessary, that the window frame with the laying densely adjoined to a doorway. It is reached by adjustment of «a support of assembly knots of a door».
Here adjustment of forward doors is described. To back doors, naturally, it too belongs.
Sequence: begin with adjustment of a back door if both doors are dismantled. If the back door was not dismantled and is still correctly adjusted, it is possible to begin with a forward door.
- Longitudinal adjustment for installation of a door crack: slightly weaken loop screws
doors/doors so that could be shifted a door.
- Close a door and level a crack.
- Carefully open a door and tighten screws of hinges.
- Adjustment on height (contour): weaken, as it was already told, screws between a loop and a door. Shift a door up or down.
- Again tighten screws.
- Lateral adjustment, first line of a door (wind noise): it is not regulated – in case of need it is necessary to make intermediate plates of metal and to insert between a door and a loop to put forward a door further outside.
- Lateral adjustment, back edge of a door (wind noise):
- weaken a plate into which the door lock enters a little.
- Close a door and press it into an aperture according to an external contour.
- Open a door, tighten a lock plate.
- Check in salon, whether the door evenly adjoins to the rubber sealant.
- Adjustment of a window frame: if the basis of a door is adjusted correctly, now is checked, whether in a doorway the window frame purely sits. Thus an external sealant of a door it should not be put out over a roof level.
- If it is necessary to adjust, dismantle facing of a door and weaken four fixing screws «support of assembly knots of a door».
- Close a door.
- Let your assistant will press a frame outside
in a doorway – it is better to press it slightly further since the rubber sealant of a door renders antipressure.
- In order that a sealant adjoined densely, at the same time with it you should wring out a frame up and forward.
- If adjustment correct, it is possible to screw up from within both top bolts and back bottom bolts. Inhaling moment: 30 Nanometers.
- Consider in addition: the adjusting wedge at the bottom bolt ahead should be put always. Before a tightening of a bolt it needs to be shifted up so that it slightly jammed.
- There is an additional possibility of adjustment of back edge of a door an adjusting wedge: at the expense of deeper latch of a wedge the bottom edge of a door leaves inside, and top – outside. Stronger pulling of a wedge causes opposite reaction.